Our Team can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets.
We charge hourly rate for probate matters. However, a fixed fee may be agreed once an initial consultation has taken place and we have a better understanding of your circumstances and complexity of your particular matter.
Please find below our hourly rate fees:
Hourly rate (excluding VAT)
Partners and Consultants
£450 + VAT
Solicitors (+ 8 years PQE)
£350 + VAT
£130Solicitors (- 8 years PQE)
£250 + VAT
All other fee earners including trainees
£150 + VAT
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
All disbursements will need to be paid for separately in addition to the fees for our services.
Our Services include:
• Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter;
• Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries;
• Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require;
• Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application;
• Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms;
• Draft a statement of truth;
• Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf;
• Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you;
• Collect and distribute all assets in the estate.
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
We anticipate this will take between 8 and 16 hours work at our hourly rate, which is displayed above. The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you. This fee information provided is for estates where:
• There is a valid will;
• There are no claims made against the estate;
• There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC;
• There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs;
• There are no other intangible assets;
• There are 1-3 beneficiaries;
• There are no more than 3 bank or building society accounts;
• There is no more than one property.
Please contact us for a quote tailored to your circumstances.
Potential additional costs:
• If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
• Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
• If any additional copies of the grant are required.
How long will this process take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 6-9 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 4-8 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 10-16 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally take 2-3 weeks.
If you need any further advice or legal assistance, please contact us in confidence on 020 8367 0505 or email us on email@example.com and one of our solicitors will be able to help you.
KTS Legal Solicitors & Advocates
KTS Legal is a niche and specialist law firm with a professional team of experienced lawyers.