Our pricing for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal are calculated on an hourly rate basis. However, a fixed fee could be agreed once an initial consultation has taken place and we understand the facts and complexity of your case.
Our Charging rates per hour are as set out below:
Hourly rate (excluding VAT)
Partners and Consultants
£450 + VAT
Solicitors (+ 8 years PQE)
£350 + VAT
£130Solicitors (- 8 years PQE)
£250 + VAT
All other fee earners including trainees
£150 + VAT
All disbursements will need to be paid for separately in addition to the fees for our services. Examples of disbursements include home office/visa application fees, court application fees, postage, interpreting/translation services, medical reports fees, expert report fees, mileage/travel expenses etc. This is not an exhaustive list and is meant purely as a guide.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties.
All disbursements will need to be paid for separately in addition to the fees for our services. Examples of disbursements include court application fees, barrister fees, postage, mileage/travel expenses etc. This is not an exhaustive list and is meant purely as a guide.
We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
• Taking initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising the client on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
• Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is compulsory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
• Preparing claim or response
• Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
• Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
• Preparing or considering a schedule of loss
• Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
• Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
• Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
• preparing bundle of documents
• Reviewing and advising on the other party's witness statements
• agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
• Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication.
The time that it takes from your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends mainly on the stage at which your case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, your case is likely to take 2-10 weeks. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 6 – 12 months. This is just an estimate and we will of course provide you with a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
If you need any further advice or legal assistance, please contact us in confidence on 020 8367 0505 or email us on email@example.com and one of our solicitors will be able to help you.
KTS Legal Solicitors & Advocates
KTS Legal is a niche and specialist law firm with a professional team of experienced lawyers.